Sharon was awarded the inaugural “Tenzing Norgay Professional Mountaineer of the Year” Award, jointly presented by the New York Explorers Club and the American Alpine Club.
As the first Canadian woman to attain Alpine Guide certification in l985 Sharon is a fully insured member in good standing with the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG). Please see www.acmg.ca for information regarding services and standards.
Personal guiding for waterfall ice climbing, rock climbing and mountaineering are available throughout the year in the Canadian Rockies.
Please contact Adventure Dynamics for further information and rates:
Partial List of Climbs
l975 to present
- Extensive rock, waterfall ice and alpine climbing in the Canadian Rockies and Interior Ranges; alpine climbing throughout South American Andes and the Himalayas; rock climbing throughout the USA, Thailand, Spain, France and New Zealand.
Yukon, St. Elias Range
- Mt. Logan, Kings Trench
Yosemite National Park
- El Capitan – The Nose
- Denali – The Cassin Ridge
- Aconcagua -South Face – Messner Route
Peru, Cordillera Blanca
- Toclaraju, West Face (solo)
- Ranrapalca, East Face & North Face (solo)
- Huascaran – Anquosh Face (first ascent)
- Huandoy Sur – South Face
- Artisan Raju – East Face
- Cerro Alpamayo – French Route
- Huascaran Norte – North Face, Paragot Route
- Makalu – West Ridge (Attempt).
- Mt. Everest – West Ridge from Tibet (first ascent), without Sherpas.
- NE Buttress of Slesse